Position: Lead Cancer Analyst, Analytics
Reports to: Program Manager & Biostatistician, Analytics
Location: Toronto (Downtown)
Posting date: September 18, 2017
Closing Date: October 6, 2017
Overview of Role:
Reporting to the Program Manager & Biostatistician, Analytics, this position is part of the analytic team that provides support to all portfolios at the Partnership who seek to use data to evaluate and report on the Canadian Cancer Control system. The Lead Cancer Analyst works with internal program areas to define their analytic needs and provide statistical expertise on what analyses can be done to meet their goals.
- Masters in biostatistics, epidemiology or related field
- A minimum of 5 years’ proven experience working with Canadian health data, conducting analyses and providing interpretation of results. Experience with cancer data preferred.
- Experience working with a broad range of health care databases at organizational, provincial and national levels
- Proven ability to lead analytic projects: conceptualizing, planning, implementing and evaluating
- Experience working in cancer control at local, provincial, or federal levels is a strong asset
- Knowledge of concepts and experience calculating and interpreting measures used in cancer surveillance (e.g. incidence, mortality, prevalence, net survival)
- Demonstrated knowledge working with Canadian health data and conducting analyses on measures used in cancer surveillance (e.g. incidence, mortality, prevalence, net survival)
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to understand complex problems, identify key issues, provide solutions and present results in a clear and concise formatExperience with indicator development and performance measurement in a health care setting
- Experience conducting analysis using more complex analysis technique (e.g. multiple linear and logistic regression)
- Work effectively both, independently and as part of a team, with minimal supervision
- Ability to provide guidance and direction to team members
- Excellent skills in communicating complex/technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Knowledge of data linkage and familiarity with the cancer data landscape
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong working relationships with key internal program areas and external stakeholders
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills; verbal and written. French language competency is an asset
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadline within a fast-paced environment
- Intermediate (required) / advanced (preferred) proficiency in SAS
- Experience writing journal articles and/or content in published reports and developing and delivering presentations on results and implications is an asset
For further details on this position, please see the full job description in the link below:
To apply, please forward your CV and cover letter to TM@partnershipagainstcancer.ca.
For additional information, please visit our website at www.partnershipagainstcancer.ca.
The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer thanks all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.